"factory reset" is crucial to pass CTS test, running on CTS 4.2_R4.(Android 4.2.2)

Document created by jim.lin Employee on Feb 24, 2016
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Hello,

recently I'm running CTS test on MX6Q SabreSD to fix some of the issues my customer found, and found that "factory reset" is an important step during the test-environment setup but not mentioned in i.MX CTS test report.

"Factory reset" is need on official CTS page:

Setting up CTS | Android Open Source Project

0001_CTS-Page.png

Without factory reset, the CTS test result in "android.core.tests.libcore.package.libcore" package looks like:

0002_before.png

There are total 8 failed items.

If we run "factory reset" before conduct the CTS test in in "android.core.tests.libcore.package.libcore" package, only 2 failed items found as below:

0003_after.png

PS: and those 2 failed items can be waived, according to the test-house of CTS tests.

PS1: the test reports of are also attached.

Please do run "factory reset" before CTS test, verified working on 4.2.2 and should also work on the version above according to the pages I found on Google when trying to fix this issue. Unfortunately "factory reset" is not documented in the environment setup process in i.MX CTS test report, you will need this if you are following the steps in i.MX CTS test report.

Best regards,

Jim.

Outcomes