i.MX6 UL EMV Demo

Document created by Lauren Percy Employee on Feb 2, 2016Last modified by Diana Torres on Apr 18, 2017
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

PN7120 is the best plug’n play full NFC solution. It can be easily integrated into any OS environment.

329731.PNG

The integrated firmware and NFC Controller Interface (NCI) are designed for contact-less communication at 13.56 MHz. The PN7120 controller has been connected through the i2C interface to the i.MX6UltraLite evaluation board. An interrupt and an enable signals are completing the simple HW interface between the PN7120 controller and the i.MX6UL EVK. PN7120 supports Multi-protocol solutions e.g. ISO/IEC 14443 A & B, ISO/IEC 15693, FeliCa, ISO/NFC 18092 and NFC-IP1 peer-to-peer (Passive Initiator Mode).

The NXP driver (1.0) has been integrated into the Linux kernel. The library (libnfc-nci) and the nfcDemoapp have been compiled for the i.MX6UL.

The demo is based on QT 4.8 graphic cross-platform framework and the fancy browser is launched when the operator is tagging one of the three card tags available. i.MX6UltraLite is a High Performance, ultra-efficient processor featuring an advanced implementation of a single ARM Cortex-A7 core which operates at 528 MHz. i.MX6UL includes an integrated power management module which reduces the complexity of the external power supply and simplifies the power on/off sequencing. Moreover the i.MX6UL includes a 16-bit LPDDR2, DDR3, DDR3L, NAND/NOR flash, eMMC and Quad SPI interfaces.

Value Propositions (NFC)

Broad product portfolio, from readers with integrated and customizable firmware 

Multi-protocol support e.g. ISO/IEC 14443 A & B, ISO/IEC 15693, FeliCa, ISO/NFC 18092, NFC-IP1 peer-to-peer (Passive Initiator Mode) 

Support of all smart card standards as well as NFC devices and NFC tags 

Easy to design in through dedicated development boards and SW libraries 

NXP recommends

PN7120 NFC, i.MX6 UltraLite, PMIC PF3000

Attachments

Outcomes