The demo shows a fully integrated small cell radio with an industry leading form factor of 5L. The radio is handling 4 transmit and 4 receive antennas, either on the same band or on different bands (Comment: 2 different bands in a future version but still the same form factor and SW). NXP provides the RF amplifiers, the LNA and the matching digital front end processing for crest factor reduction and digital pre-distortion. The demonstration shows how these RF and digital components from NXP work together in the most efficient way, showing excellent linearization performance over wideband signals while keeping the form factor to an impressive size of 5L.
This reference design can be made available to our customers to fast track the development and deployment of small cell radios using NXP components.
- Small cell radio for 4T4R antenna configuration
- CPRI interface towards base station
- 2.5 W output power at antenna connector
- Support for 2.1 GHz band
- Full band support of up to 75 MHz IBW with excellent linearization performance
- Up to 100 MHz of IBW can be reached with performance trade-offs