Setting up your profile is the first step to becoming active in your community. Your user profile provides other community members with an easy way to learn about your experience, skills, and interests. Your profile shows up in search results when other members search for keywords contained in your profile. You can update your information at any time.
To set up your profile:
1. Click on the circle image in the upper right corner.
2. In the Actions list on your Bio tab, click Edit profile and select the privacy tab.
3. Fill in as much profile information as you like. Required fields are starred (*). Note that your profile will be found when people search, so if you have professional roles or interests that would be useful for others to know, be sure to include them. Your community manager may set up certain fields for you, such as your username, and you may not be able to edit them.
4. Click Save at the bottom of the page.
5. Also available from the Actions menu are a few additional setup options.
6. Edit Profile:
o Photo & Avatar allows you to upload photos and avatars to your profile. Your photo is a great way for people to “meet” and recognize you in person. Your avatar is a small picture that appears next to your content, comments, and status updates to let community members quickly recognize you with a simple visual cue.
o Profile allows you to edit your profile.
o Privacy allows you to control how different types of users see your profile.
7. Download vcard allows you to download a vcard to your email address book.
8. Create content by email allows you to create new content in NXP Community via email. Email yourself vcards for the type of content you would like to create. Once sent, the vcards can then be imported into your email software, or forwarded to others to use.