Thread-enabled Thermostat Remote Control

Document created by Lauren Percy Employee on Nov 26, 2015Last modified by Diana Torres on Apr 18, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Add an additional HVAC sensor and remote control to a pre-existing system using robust wireless self-healing mesh network for the home. Simple to connect and install using Thread

Advanced security with ECC Authentication and AES128 Cryptography 802.15.4

This demo is part of the NXP Thread implementation in a real Home scenario.

328935.PNG

There are several Thread-enabled devices running on the Kinetis KW2x family as well as on generic Kinetis-K series along with the standalone 2.4GHz 802.15.4 radio.

All those devices are interacting with an IoT Gateway based on the i.MX6 series processor that is connected to several end products running the AllJoyn application framework over the WiFi technology. In addition you have everything under control through the Touch Monitor featuring an Advanced GUI developed by using the Crank Storyboard Suite.

You are also able to control all the connected devices even when you are outside the home thanks to partner Proximetry that provide cloud visualization and control of the Thread network.

Value Propositions

Robust wireless self-healing IPv6 mesh network for the home.

Advanced security with ECC authentication and AES-128 cryptography.

Using AllJoyn application framework across Thread and Wi-Fi.

Cloud visualization and provisioning of mesh nodes.

NXP Content: i.MX6 Utilite Standard Gateway, i.MX6, FRDM-KW24D512, TWR-KW24D512, USB-KW24D512,

FRDM-K64F, FRDM-CR20A, MK22F, TWRPI-MPL115A, FRDM-FXS-MULT2-B

NXP Recommends: i.MX6, PF3000 PMIC, MKW2x, MCR20A, MK2x, MPL3115A2, FXOS8700, KTY8x/PCT2075x

Attachments

Outcomes