Wearable Reference Design (WaRP)

Document created by Lauren Percy Employee on Oct 26, 2015Last modified by Diana Torres on Apr 18, 2017
Version 12Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

WaRP is an open source development platform which implements a hybrid architecture to address the evolving needs of the wearables market; while retaining the necessary small form-factor and impressive battery life. This hybrid architecture creates unique fusion of the processing abilities of two processors principally employed in the design of today’s wearables; a multimedia application processor and a microcontroller unit.

Warp.PNG
TARGET APPLICATIONS

• Activity trackers
  • Heart rate monitors
  • Smart watches
  • ECG monitoring
  • Smart glasses
  • Smart clothes
  • Wearable imaging devices
  • Augmented reality headsets
  • Wearable computing
  • Wearable healthcare

FEATURES

• Provides a rapid prototyping vehicle, reducing time to market and freeing resources to focus on differentiation
  • Allows for the wearable device to connect to a gateway such as a smartphone or directly to the cloud so that the data collected can provide value to the user
  • Hardware schematics provided at no additional cost
  • Flexible options to provide a rich user interface
  • Supports extensive UI capabilities, connectivity stacks and eases development effort for software developers
  • Now available with i.MX 7

RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS

ProductDescription
i.MX 6Family of applications processors built for performance on a scalable multicore platform
i.MX 7Highly integrated multi-market applications processor designed to enable secure and portable applications within the Internet of Things
KL1XUltra  low-power MCU for connectivity
PF300012-channel configurable PMIC

Attachments

Outcomes