SafeAssure Comprehensive Functional Safety for Industrial applications

Document created by Lauren Percy Employee on Oct 26, 2015Last modified by Martha Diana Torres Ramirez on Apr 18, 2017
Version 11Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The miriac™ EK5744 Functional Safety Evaluation Kit is a platform for evaluation, design and prototyping devices based on Freescale‘s MPC5744P MCU and MC33907 Sys-tem Basis Chip.

328905.PNG

It provides a solid base for custom developments and shows how to use the MPC5744P for devices meeting any of the standards IEC 61508/62061 (SIL1 and SIL2), ISO 13849 categories 1 and 2 and performance levels a-d or similar.

A project to provide evidence to support an IEC 61508/62061 SIL3 and ISO 13849 Kat.3 safety claim for the MPC5744P and PowerSBC Subsystem is under development.

Value Propositions

* The EK5744 has been designed to show how to use the CPU in a safety application as well as how to build I/Os for the industrial domain.

* The concepts, design, documentation and firmware have been audited by a notified body and are commercially available.

* Using these building blocks it is a perfect fit to build custom industrial grade devices.

* As a key result, project risk, cost are reduced and the timeline can be optimized.

* A Firmware including test and safety functions usable for applications up to SIL2/Kat.2 API for access to I/O and communication ports, including handling of redundant I/O can be provided upon request.

Attachments

Outcomes