Short Demo Description:
NXP’s Long Range Passive RFID brings for the first time in the industry cutting-edge cryptographic authentication to License Plates and Windshield Labels turning them into electronically readable secure documents.
RFID enabled license plates and windshield labels can be read at 10 to 15 meters of read range, without line of sight, and without the use of any batteries (= very long life time, low cost etc.) while still ensuring privacy protection.
Reader infrastructure can be stationary (like in the overhead gantries on highways or integrated into traffic lights or built into physical access barriers at parking facilities).
Alternatively, even a smart phone can be turned into a reader with a simple add on device.
- License Plate Authentication (checking validity of a government issued document which established identity and is linked to various obligations and benefits, as well as has monetary value associated with it)
- Electronic Toll Collection (inexpensive alternative to active on board units and even more so to optical ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) systems)
- Electronic Vehicle Registration (eliminating vehicle registration fraud / avoidance)
- Traffic Law Enforcement (red light control, speed control etc.)
- Access Management (to park houses; private garage; company premises)
- Fleet Management (track and vehicles; store maintenance data on vehicle)
Smart Labels & Tags of type “UCODE DNA”