Miracast

Document created by Lauren Percy Employee on Oct 26, 2015Last modified by Diana Torres on Apr 5, 2017
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Transferring content from a tablet or a smartphone to an independent display.

Miracast supports multiple optional features such as: HDCP/UIBC/Remote I2C Read/Write/Wi-Fi Display Standby-Resume

Wi-Fi®

This demo shows the NXP Miracast sink Linux software stack running on an i.MX6Q SabreSD Platform reference design. A Netgear WNA1100 – N150 Wi-Fi USB adapter is adding the Wi-Fi P2P capability to the SabreSD Platform.  A second LVDS touchscreen 10.1’’ display is connected to the i.MX6 Sabre SD Platform, so that several Miracast source devices can be handled simultaneously.   

328871.PNG

Value Propositions

Production grade software stack, optimally running on the i.MX6 application processor, fully integrated with the Freescale Linux Yocto BSPs.

Comes with a ready to use HDCP 2.1 stack. Integrates all the WFD mandatory features, plus optional ones: User Input Back Channel (UIBC), WFD service discovery and WFD standby.

NXP developed multiple displays feature, allowing multiple screens to be connected to a single i.MX6 SoC, displaying the content of a connected Miracast source device. Multiple screens can show the same content (from a single connected Miracast source) or cast different contents from specific Miracast sources.

The stack design and implementation supports an unlimited number of connections and displays.

Uses GStreamer framework as media player application, with NXP optimized plugins reducing the Miracast source/sink latency.

Attachments

Outcomes