Industry’s smallest Embedded Java Virtual Machine offers a powerful SDK with libraries for rich graphical user interfaces, reconfiguration, remote updating, processing and connectivity on low cost Kinetis MCUs
Install ‘apps’ on your embedded device
Short Demo Description
This IoT coffee machine runs with a Kinetis K70 board (Cortex-M4). In addition to making good coffee, this machine is connected to the online MicroEJ Application Store, enabling users to download applications directly to the K70 board.
* This demo is built with MicroEJ SDK and runs the MicroEJ Application Platform. It demonstrates the MicroEJ small memory footprint, HMI capabilities, connectivity, and application store.
o MicroEJ enables developers to create platforms and applications that can run on the smallest MCUs (From cortex-M0/M0+ to Cortex-M3/4/7 and beyond).
o Footprint of the MicroEJ Core Engine is 28 KB.
* GUI & touch design capabilities (including Drawings, Images, Fonts, Event Manager, Widgets, Dynamic Layout, Themes, Media Compatibility, Motion, Flow and Gestures):
o MicroEJ enables developers to create portable GUIs for a consistent user experience across all devices/products.
o MicroEJ applications are scalable for various displays and configurations.
o The MicroEJ Application Platform can be integrated to any communication stacks or protocols with 2 days of work. For example:
Wired connectivity: Ethernet, USB, Serial (UART, I2C, SPI), CAN
Wireless connectivity: 2G/3G/4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Z-Wave, WM-Bus, NFC, ZigBee
Internet Protocols/Cloud: UDP-TCP/IP, HTTP, REST, Sockets netlink
Security: SSL/TLS, SAML, DTLS, Certificates/KeyStore
IoT Middleware: XMPP, AMQP, MQTT, CoAP, DDS, 6LoWPAN, AllJoyn
* Application Store:
o The MicroEJ Application Store infrastructure enables the creation of an ecosystem between device manufacturers, application developers and service providers. It allows delivery of value-add application-driven services to end-users of devices, and pushing usage data to the Cloud.
o MicroEJ Application Platform and Application Store enables OEMs to create future-proof products by enriching them with new software content (apps/ services) along with the evolution of their technological and business environments.
o The MicroEJ Application Store infrastructure enables industrializing of app creation and the management of closed or open ecosystems – where applications come respectively from the OEM or third-parties.
o The MicroEJ provides a robust and safe execution environment for running applications with:
* Security of data transmission
* Reuse of an existing infrastructure
* Dynamic download
* Heterogeneous infrastructure: one app is compatible with multiple versions of firmware and hardware
* Seamless Cloud platform connectors