GEA i.MX6UL SOM

Document created by Lauren Percy Employee on Oct 26, 2015Last modified by Diana Torres on Apr 18, 2017
Version 11Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

High Performance, ultra-efficient processor featuring an advanced implementation of a single ARM Cortex-A7 core which operates at 528 MHz. This low-cost module is based on NXP Cortex-A7 i.MX6 UltraLite device and it is produced by Engicam.

328835.PNG

On the Community & Start-up pillar you can find both the module (static demo) and a running demo connected to a LCD through a base board. The interface to the LCD is parallel 1x 18 bit Parallel capacitive 4.3” LCD with 480x272 resolution. The demo is based on QT 5.5.

You can choose two penguins which are doing a race. Two random numbers are generated and each penguin is moving forward. The aim of the demo is to demonstrate the i.MX6UL graphic capabilities even if the Graphic Processor Unit is not embedded into the i.MX6UL processor.

Usually the QT 5.5 graphic library needs a GPU accelerator. In this demo Engicam has interfaced the QT 5.5 library directly to the driver layer. Touching the information logo you can get some information about the processor, memory, etc.

The i.MX6UL module is located behind the LCD so it is not visible but a stand-alone module is installed on the pillar just above this demo.

Value Propositions

• Module scalability
  • High performance
  • Low-cost-module
  • Longevity and long term production

Attachments

Outcomes