Ecobee room occupancy thermostat

Document created by Lauren Percy Employee on Oct 26, 2015Last modified by Diana Torres on Apr 18, 2017
Version 8Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

328810.PNG

Short Demo Description

Remote sensors determine which rooms are occupied and if occupied the ecobee3 ensures that they maintain the selected temperature. Communication from the ecobee3 to the remote sensors is via WiFi.

Value propositions

* The i.MX53 integrates 2-D and 3-D graphics engines used to drive the ecobee3 GUI via the integrated LCD controller. The integrated touch screen controller interface on the i.MX53 allows for an intuitive user interface.

* The i.MX53 integrates a DDR SDRAM controller capable of supporting both DDR2 & DDR3 as well as low power (LP) variants of DDR2 & DDR3. This allows the ecobee3 to integrate support for Apple’s HomeKit and Geofencing

* To ensure that the ecobee3 is secure from both physical and electrical attacks the i.MX53 integrates the ARM TrustZone which allows for both active and passive tamper detect. This allows the ecobee to integrate access control preventing unauthorized access either via the GUI or via WiFi.

* The WiFi interface allows connection to a free ecobee3 web portal where your home’s temperature can be controlled, monitored and heating schedules adjusted. To ensure your personal data is kept safe the ecobee3 uses the i.MX53 Security Controller to encrypt and decrypt sensitive information. This encryption and decryption is accelerated by the cipher and random number generator units on the i.MX53.

NXP content

i.MX53 Applications Processor ARM Cortex A8 based running at up to 1GHz

Attachments

Outcomes