Because I receive feedback from customers, that it is sometimes complicated to execute this demo,
I created short tutorial how to set it and execute it in KDS 3.0.0.
1. Physical connection
In case of TWR-K64F, is needed TWR-SER and correctly set jumpers.
and for TWR-K64F is needed to set jumper J6 to pins 1 and 2.
Be sure, that the TWR-SER and TWR-K64F is correctly connected (by white line)
2. Network configuration
For changing IP address, please go to Network and Sharing Center, choose Change adapter settings
Right click on Properties and change the IP address (TCP/IPv4) to 192.168.2.100
3. Downloading the demo to TWR-K64F
Go to KDS, File - Import and browse the demo, which is located at C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\twrk64f120m\demo_apps\web_hvac\web_hvac_mqx\kds
Import all libraries and the demo project and see imported sets in Project Explorer
Debug the libraries first and then the project.
Be sure, what debugger is used on the board and set the debugger.
And now go to Resume!
4. Test the connection
Go to cmd and ping to 192.168.2.102 (address of HVAC Server)
5. HVAC Web Server.Go to browser and type the address 192.168.2.102, you will see page for HVAC Web Server.
Go to HVAC Demo - HVAC Status and now you can observe the temperatures by pressing button.
There are set combinations which means see below.
- LED1: Simulate the Fan’s state
- LED2: System in the Heat mode
- LED3: System in the Cool mode
- LED4: Simulate the heart beat, increase real temperature (i.e., by hair dryer) to see the LED4 go faster and decrease temperature to see it slow down.
So, if is needed increased temperature, push the first button (SW1) and Fan and Heat mode run. LED1 and LED2 will be light on and the temperature will increase.