i.MX Bootlets (i.MX233 EVK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The imx_bootlets package in LTIB contains the code that will be the first code loaded and executed by ROM when booting a build of the Linux BSP. It is responsible for initializing some of the low level peripherals such as the integrated power supply and the DRAM controller as well as a few other initialization tasks.

The default configuration of the bootlet code for the latest i.MX233 and i.MX28x release (SDK 10.05 and SDK 10.12 respectively) support a hardware configuration that has both a LiIon battery configuration (as shown in the reference schematics for these platforms as shown on freescale.com). For other configurations though such as a VDD5V connection only or a DCDC_BATT/Battery connection only, some additional changes are recommended.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Comments

I'm designing a board with the i.M233 and VDD5V connection with no battery.

What are the are the additional changes recommended to work this way?

There are no links here.

Could you help me?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a reference design that will be useful for you, but can't find how to attach it to this post. If you still need it, could you please open a new post so I can attach it there?

Best regards.

Jorge.

You can also check this nice mx23 based design (mx23 olinuxino):

OLINUXINO/HARDWARE/iMX233-OLinuXino-Maxi at master · OLIMEX/OLINUXINO · GitHub

I've just opened a new post, thank you:

imx233 bootlets and no battery board

I know this design. It has a fake battery to make it work. If there are no other solutions I'll do the same. But it is difficult to do it in our current prototypes.

I'm also checking this design thas has no battery connection:

http://busware.de/tiki-index.php?page=TuxRail

I think that their patched bootlets may have the answer.

It's only that jesseg seems to have the solution already done.

Thank you.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎07-30-2012 01:54 PM
Updated by: