eCompass demo with FRDM-K64F and DEVICECLOUD.IO Cloud Solution
- Connect to the deviceCloud.io cloud in a matter of minutes
- Based on mbed for rapid development
- Uses FRDM-K64F Kinetis development board
This Demo Is Probably of Interest If You:
- If you are using Mbed platform to build your next cool IoT application.
- You want to monitor and control your IoT devices in real time with cool visualizations.
- Analytics for the data that is generated by your devices.
- Comprehensive provisioning solution.
- Granular control over for your devices by means of hierarchical organization and role based access and control.
- Scalable solution that scales with your deployment.
Differentiation This Demo Highlights
- Firewall agnostic cloud connectivity
- Building connected solutions using Kinetis devices and DeviceCloud.io cloud platform.
Full Listing of Products/Components
Note: For full listing or additional information for Products/Components used in this demo see "This Demo's IoT Highlights" in Left Column and Additional Products/Components below that. Note: If you aren't looking at this demo in the IoT Center, please use below link to access IoT Center:
What this Demo is All About
This demo will let you monitor and control your FRDM-K64F mBed platform using deviceCloud.io's cloud solution. You can visualize you end solution by means of a device simulator that can simulate many devices based on the end solution that you are planning to build.
eCompass Application Details
- Computes compass heading using FSOX8700CQ accelerometer and magnetometer.
- Tilt compensated compass that uses aerospace co-ordinate system or x-north, y-east and z-down.The three orientation angles roll (clockwise rotation about positive x) , pitch (clockwise rotation about positive y) and compass heading or yaw(clockwise rotation about positive y) are computed. The demo kit connects to WAN via ethernet.
- The embedded deviceCloud.io agent provides firewall agnostic instant cloud connectivity
- The device can be registered and authenticated with DCIO cloud platform and eCompass readings can be monitored from DCIO
- cloud web Application or mobile Application.
- This reference design provides guidelines for building solutions using connected devices that can be managed, provisioned and monitored from Cloud and Mobile applications.
Build the Demo Yourself