Kinetis M series VREF module trim function linearity Analysis

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VREF module provide one input pin VREF, this pin can provide reference voltage for both external circuit but also for internal Sigma Delta ADCs, AFE and DAC.  Also it includes trim function in it. In this document, I would like to use my testing to do a linearity analysis.

From figure1 and 2, you can find how to make VREF as reference voltage of different analog module. For example, you can find when S1 switches down, S0 closes and S2 select VREF, VREF will be voltage resource of SAR ADC.

pastedImage_0.png

Figure 1: Voltage reference function configuration

pastedImage_4.png

Figure 2: Voltage reference module diagramming

I do a testing for VREF trim value linear analysis. The process is connecting the voltmeter to VREFH pin, then record measure result for each setting of VREF trim. There will be 64 records for every different setting. Testing chip is MKM34Z256. Please find my testing result from testing data table. From testing result, you can get the formula that y = kx + x0, where k is about 0.005 (5mV) and x0 is about 1.1881, x is trim value.  You can find there is only a little offset from offset curve.

pastedImage_5.png

Table 1: Trim voltage testing date

pastedImage_6.png

Figure 3: Offset curve

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎03-20-2015 12:36 AM
Updated by: