A new release of the manufacturing tool is was recently made available, "imx-3.10.53_1.1.0_ga-mfg-tools".
It can be found in the software download sections for the iMX6 family.
However, it can be used to program an iMX28 in a Win7 64-bit host by adding a few files.
The steps to do so are listed below and can be checked against the script in ucl2.xml.
- Download the attached "28.vbs" file and place it into where the manufacturing tool was installed, typically in <install_dir>\mfgtools\
- Replace <install_dir>\mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\ucl2.xml with the attached ucl2.xml.
- Copy the attached files "updater_ivt.sb" and "fdisk-u.input" into <install_dir>\mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\firmware
- Copy your iMX28 image file into <install_dir>\mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\files. The file should be renamed to "linux.sb" to conform with the ucl2.xml script.
- Copy your "rootfs.tar.bz2" file into <install_dir>\mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\files
To launch the manufacturing tool, double click on "28.vbs".
After MfgTool has finished and the progress bars have turned green, clock on the Stop button or the program will start another cycle.
Original Attachment has been moved to: fdisk-u.input.zip
Original Attachment has been moved to: updater_ivt.sb.zip
Original Attachment has been moved to: ucl2.xml.zip
Original Attachment has been moved to: 28.vbs.zip