Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Demo Kit using i.MX6 Microprocessor

Document created by Bill Krakar Employee on Nov 29, 2014Last modified by Diana Torres on Apr 18, 2017
Version 44Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Demo Kit using i.MX6 Microprocessor

(Demo 105)

• Smart Home Gateway Illustrative Demo
  • Home Media Gateway Illustrative Demo
  • Self Contained - Deployable in < 5 minutes

Demo Packed in Suitcase

Demo 105 Packed.png

Demo Unpacked and Ready to Start

Demo 105 Setup.png

This Demo Is Probably of Interest If You:

• Want to "check out" IoT

• Need to learn more about IoT Connectivity basics

• Develop smart end user devices found in the home

• Want to better understand the concept of "Zero Box hybrid application gateways"

Differentiation This Demo Highlights

• Ability to integrate IoT Gateway capabilities into another application eliminating need for dedicated gateway box (Zero Box)

• Dual PAN connectivity (using a single physical radio to connect to multiple distinct IoT PAN's)

• Use of a standard platform to easily create basic IoT Gateway capabilities to connect with variety of off the shelf end user devices.

Description

• The i.MX6 IoT Gateway Demonstration Kit is actually 2 demos integrated into a single i.MX6 Gateway highlighting 2 distinct IoT applications, Smart Home Gateway and Home Media Gateway.
  • This demo is intended to be used by our global FAE's to provide a convenient mechanism to demonstrate i.MX6 Gateway capabilities to customers.
  • The demo consists of an i.MX6 Utilite Standard Gateway box with the full gateway SW and connectivity required to control and manage a set of smart home and home media example edge devices.
  • The demo is entirely self contained using an included HDMI display. A commercial remote is included to demonstrate the RF4CE support and an Android Smart Phone is included to demonstrate a smart phone/smart app connection.
  • The demo operates 2 control networks (dual PAN) off a single KW24D512 USB dongle operating with a single 802.15.4 dual PAN MAC/PHY. PAN 0 uses the ZigBee mesh stack with ZHA/ZLL profile and PAN 1 uses the RF4CE stack with Comcast MSO profile.
  • The demo does not require an active internet connection and doesn't highlight cloud services and is thus ideal for use behind customer firewalls.

i.MX6 Smart Home Gateway

Smart Home IoT gateway illustrative demo based on i.MX6 Dual microprocessor. Provides connectivity to smart home edge devices via WiFi and ZigBee PRO HA 1.2. Potential to connect to WAN via Ethernet or WiFi (not enabled/required for this demo which is intended for rapid deployment behind customer firewalls). Based on our commercially supportable Linux BSP. Supports local display via HDMI. Uses USB KW24D512 dongle for ZigBeePRO HA 1.2 connection (PAN 0). Includes android smart phone app to control smart home devices.

i.MX6 Home Media Gateway

Home Media IoT gateway illustrative demo based on i.MX6 Dual microprocessor. Provides connectivity to Gateway/Media Player via RF4CE and WiFi. Potential to connect to WAN via Ethernet or WiFi (not enabled/required for this demo which is intended for rapid deployment behind customer firewalls). Based on our commercially supportable Linux BSP with integrated Kodi open source multi media player (formerly known as XMBC). Supports local display via HDMI. Uses USB KW24D512 dongle for RF4CE connection (PAN 1). Includes android smart phone app to control the Media player.

Full Listing of Products/Components

Note: For full listing or additional information for Products/Components used in this demo see "This Demo's IoT Highlights" and Additional Products/Components in Left Column of this page.

If you are viewing this page from DemoLab please use below link to see the full description for this demo in the IoT Solutions Center:

i.MX6 IoT GTWY Demo

What this Demo is All About

DOC-102900.png

Attachments

Outcomes