iWave's i.MX6 Qseven SOM Just Got Better.....

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iWave has been one of the early adopters of i.MX6. As a result of this, iWave dived into the design and manufacture of one of the early i.MX6 Qseven System on Modules to keep up the commitment to clients. As recently Freescale has rolled out the Power Management Companion Chip for i.MX6, iWave has come up with the improved i.MX6 Qseven SOM integrated with PMIC to adhere to our corporate policy of constant improvement of design to meet customers’ needs.

iWave is now happy to announce the launch of the new improved feature-rich i.MX6 Quad/Dual/Dual Lite/Solo Qseven SOM module with enhanced performance. Basically, the predecessor SOM is based on Qseven R1.2 specifications whereas the new SOM is compliant to Qseven R2.0 specifications.

i.MX6_Qseven_SOM_with_PMIC.jpg

• Freescale’s latest PMIC is integrated to the SOM for better power management. This feature enables various power management options to the customers including the dynamic voltage frequency scaling (DVFS) supported by the i.MX6 CPU.

• The new SOM is compliance to the latest R2.0 Qseven specification. The SOM supports 8 GPIOs on the LPC interface and additional UART port proposed in the latest R2.0 Qseven specification.

These new SOMs will be supported with Linux, Android and Windows Embedded Compact 7 BSP. The SOMs will be software compatible with existing non-PMIC based i.MX6 Qseven SOMs with additional BSP patches. These new PMIC based SOMs and their associated heat spreader part samples are available for customer evaluation.

For further information or inquiries please write to mktg@iwavesystems.com

Labels (1)
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎11-04-2014 12:08 AM
Updated by: