MC07XS6517 and MC17XS6500 single ICs provide comprehensive, cost-effective solutions for halogen, industrial lighting, LEDs, xenons, main switches and DC motor control.
The eXtreme switch products are the latest achievement in DC motors and industrial lighting drivers. They belong to an expanding family to control and diagnose various types of loads, such as incandescent bulbs or light emitting diodes (LEDs), with enhanced precision. The products combine flexibility through daisy chainable SPI at 5.0 MHz, extended digital and analog feedbacks, which supports safety and robustness.
This new generation of our high-side switch products family facilitates electronic control unit designs supported by the use of compatible MCU software and PCB footprints, for each device variant.
- Operating voltage range of 7.0 V to 18 V, with sleep current <5.0 μA
- 5.0 MHz 16-bit SPI control of overcurrent profiles, channel control including 8-bit PWM duty-cycles, output -ON and -OFF open load detections, thermal shutdown and pre-warning, and fault reporting
- Output current monitoring with programmable synchronization signal and supply voltage feedback
- Programmable overcurrent trip levels
- Enhance output current sense with programmable synchronization signal and battery voltage feedback
- Watchdog and limp home mode
- External smart power switch control
- -16 V reverse polarity and ground disconnect protections
- Compatible PCB foot print and SPI software driver among the family
- Programmable Penta high-side switches
- Wide range diagnostic, current sensing and very low Rdson
- Up to 30% smaller PCB and 50% lower component count
- MC07XS6517 and MC17XS6500 eXtreme Switch applications include halogen, industrial lighting, LEDs, xenons, main switches and DC motor control
Featured NXP Products
- MC17XSF500: MC17XSF500, Penta 17 mOhm High Side Switch - Data Sheet
- MC07XSF517: MC07XSF517, Triple 7.0 mOhm and Dual 17 mOhm High Side Switch - Data sheet