Share your FreeMASTER dashboard designs, get a board!
Calling all FreeMASTER fans!
How to participate?
- Submit your idea to the NXP FreeMASTER community using #freemasterdash in the title by June 19, 2020.
NOW EXTENDED UNTIL TO JULY 31ST!
- Link to your idea post in the comments section below within this blog and include your board preference (choose from the MX RT1020 EVK, LPC55S28 development board and S32K144EVB). Boards will be provided on a first come, first served basis until quantities are depleted. Please note: Your final code submission is not limited to the above boards, but can use any Kinetis, LPC, i.MX RT, S32K, S12Z or other supported 32-bit MCUs.
- Once you’ve created your code example, post a brief description and a screenshot of your dashboard along with a ZIPped code to this blog comment thread below. Be sure to:
- Keep each dashboard code as simple as possible so it serves as a good reference design.
What we'd like to see in your design:
- Define an HTML page which runs in a standalone Chrome browser or embedded in FreeMASTER view switched to Chromium mode. This is a requirement!
- Make use of JSON-RPC wrapper component as demonstrated in FreeMASTER Lite or described in FreeMASTER 3.0 User Guide section 6.8.2
- Demonstrate use of graphical HTML5 widgets from vendors including (but not limited to) jqWidgets, Google, PrimeUI, Plotly.js. You can also write your own, but please only use these if you are prepared to share.
- Create one or more demonstration dashboards (one dashboard = one HTML page), showing use of at least one widget (see some widget ideas below)
Additional suggestions (not required!):
- Use the out-of-box FreeMASTER example application and its "var16", "var32" and other variables running on any Kinetis, LPC, i.MX RT, S32K, S12Z or other supported 32-bit MCU.
- Angular or linear gauge (different to the one we already provide in the NXP examples) to visualize variable values
- Sliders, knobs or other controls for variable value modification
- Interactive graph components showing variable values in time
- Push buttons, input fields, table grids for variable value control
We look forward to hearing your creative ideas!
*Development boards are available on a first come, first served basis until quantities are depleted. The board itself is free, however recipients will be responsible for shipping charges; shipping charges may vary by country.