NXP has released new updates to the MCUXpresso suite of software and tools. These updates include support for new Kinetis, LPC and i.MX RT devices based on the Arm Cortex-M core, along with improved features and functionality.
In addition to new product support, you will find these updates and enhanced features:
- Updated support for i.MX RT1050, LPC8xx, LPC54018, LPC546xx
- Updated GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain compiler: GCC Version 7-2017-q4-major
- Enhanced middleware: Amazon FreeRTOS™ v10, QCA Wi-Fi, Amazon Web services, LittleFS, FatFS R0.13a, lwIP 2.0.3, NXP USB, SDMMC, and Secure Element Middleware Support (A71CH)
- All Pro Edition features have now been incorporated into the Free version (Pro Edition has been discontinued)
- Redesigned Quickstart Panel – including dedicated debug operation links
- Updated GUI Flash tool – with easy binary programming and erase capabilities
- Debug performance improvements
- Live graphical visualization of global variables
- Enhanced self-configuring external flash drivers for flashless MCUs
- Access to SDK documentation directly within the IDE
- Updated Eclipse Oxygen
Learn more by reading this IDE blog article.
- Pin Muxing and GPIO Initialization now included within the Pins Tool
- New Config Tool Overview screen with individual tool summary
- Support for Undo / Redo functionality
- Improved Peripheral Tool UI and support, including support for multiple Peripheral Component versions
Learn more by reading this Config Tools blog article.