The year when two titans came together forming what is now the #1 supplier to the broad based MCU market. To the industry, it was the year of the merger, clouded in uncertainty.
Not so for LPC.
While the world wondered, what might happen? ... LPC simply got to work.
For the LPC team, 2016 marks a year of celebration – surpassing our goals and closing one of the most successful years in history. But it was much more than just a banner year shipping microcontrollers, so many milestones were achieved,
- we reinforced our core team, a collection of new and familiar faces
- defined a new product roadmap & go to market strategy
- rebuilt relationships with our global distributors and partners
- listened to feedback and took immediate actions -
- extending the longevity of LPC1700 and LPC2000,
- improved pricing,
- reduced product lead times
- restructured & strengthened our global support infrastructure - an ongoing process
- launched the LPC83x & LPC5411x families to market, establishing our team’s clear direction
- LPC800 an entry-level 8-bit alternative at the right price
- LPC54000 the mainstream MCU series for everyone
- strengthened our ecosystem, traveling the world, rebuilding trust and visiting customers
For me personally, getting to know all of our LPC fans, customers and partners has been such a gratifying experience. Honestly, I have never met such a committed and hard working network of people supporting and using LPC around the world; you're the ones that make a world of difference, thank you!
The energy level and encouragement is amazing! I've loved our conversations together at events, comments on the community, and emails directly from you!
With 2016 coming to a close, it’s clear that LPC is NXP’s general purpose microcontroller business for the broad market. We focus on our customers through products that are easy to use, well documented and supported online in this community.
As we enter 2017, our campaign to inspire creativity across the globe moves to its second phase. Focus on introducing what is quickly becoming our flagship microcontroller family, LPC546xx, which has the humble honor of following in the huge footsteps of the one of the most recognized and successful microcontrollers in history, LPC1768. Later, we move to completing the highly anticipated expansion of the LPC800 MCU series.
So, how will 2016 be remembered to us? It was the year when a small group of hard working individuals came together as one team to build something great again. Build something that has a lasting impression and changes the industry forever.
What comes next from LPC is coming soon. And we cannot wait to tell you about it.
Thank you for continuing to trust and believe in LPC.
Happy holidays and see you in 2017!
- Justin Mortimer, Marketing manager