eCompass demo with FRDM-K64F and DEVICECLOUD.IO Cloud Solution
- Connect to the deviceCloud.io cloud in a matter of minutes
- Based on mbed for rapid development
- Uses FRDM-K64F Kinetis development board
This Demo Is Probably of Interest If You:
- If you are using Mbed platform to build your next cool IoT application.
- You want to monitor and control your IoT devices in real time with cool visualizations.
- Analytics for the data that is generated by your devices.
- Comprehensive provisioning solution.
- Granular control over for your devices by means of hierarchical organization and role based access and control.
- Scalable solution that scales with your deployment.
Differentiation This Demo Highlights
- Firewall agnostic cloud connectivity
- Building connected solutions using Kinetis devices and DeviceCloud.io cloud platform.
Full Listing of Products/Components
Note: For full listing or additional information for Products/Components used in this demo see "This Demo's IoT Highlights" in Left Column and Additional Products/Components below that. Note: If you aren't looking at this demo in the IoT Center, please use below link to access IoT Center:
What this Demo is All About
This demo will let you monitor and control your FRDM-K64F mBed platform using deviceCloud.io's cloud solution. You can visualize you end solution by means of a device simulator that can simulate many devices based on the end solution that you are planning to build.
eCompass Application Details
- Computes compass heading using FSOX8700CQ accelerometer and magnetometer.
- Tilt compensated compass that uses aerospace co-ordinate system or x-north, y-east and z-down.The three orientation angles roll (clockwise rotation about positive x) , pitch (clockwise rotation about positive y) and compass heading or yaw(clockwise rotation about positive y) are computed. The demo kit connects to WAN via ethernet.
- The embedded deviceCloud.io agent provides firewall agnostic instant cloud connectivity
- The device can be registered and authenticated with DCIO cloud platform and eCompass readings can be monitored from DCIO
- cloud web Application or mobile Application.
- This reference design provides guidelines for building solutions using connected devices that can be managed, provisioned and monitored from Cloud and Mobile applications.
Build the Demo Yourself
eCompass Demo user guide