QNX is a Unix-like Real Time Operating System primarily developed for safety and mission critical embedded systems and includes the following unique features;
- Dynamically upgradable services and applications
- Fine-grained fault isolation and recovery
- Message-passing design for modular, well-formed systems
- System-wide performance analysis and optimization
- Fast detection of timing conflicts, hidden faults, etc.
File encryption and Resource manager framework
- Device drivers are implemented in user space not kernel in space
- Drivers can be started, stopped, and debugged like any standard application
Adaptive time partitioning
- Guaranteed system resources to build secure, reliable systems without compromising performance and flexibility
High availability frameworks
- Heartbeating for early fault detection and Intelligent restart and transparent reconnection.
These unique features make QNX SDP as most advanced and secure embedded OS. QNX’s modular architecture enables customers to create highly optimized and reliable systems with low total cost of ownership. Hence QNX Platform is perfect for the following application segments;
- Connected & Autonomous Vehicles
- Robotics & Industrial Automation
- Nuclear Power Plants
- Railway Transportation
- Life-Critical Medical Devices
- Telecommunication Market Segments
Build secure, safe and reliable systems with QNX RTOS:
Use adaptive partitioning to guarantee system resources for your applications. Build secure, reliable embedded systems without compromising realtime performance and flexibility. To achieve the highest level of performance, adaptive partitioning allows applications to use all available CPU cycles under normal operating conditions. During overload conditions, adaptive partitioning enforces hard resource guarantees, ensuring applications receive their budgeted share of resources.
iWave is glad to announce the QNX 7.0.0 RTOS update for iWave’s i.MX8 Quad Max and Quad Plus SMARC module. iWave Systems successfully ported the QNX 7.0.0 to iWave’s i.MX8QM/QP SMARC development board. This development board has up to 8GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB eMMC storage with built in 802.11ac Wi-Fi module and dual gigabit ethernet support. The SMARC carrier board supports multiple display options including 4K HDMI, video input, CAN ports, Dual Gigabit Ethernet, multiple PCIe devices, SATA, USB3.0, Serial interfaces and Audio.
Porting of QNX on iWave i.MX8 QM/QP SMARC platform:
Porting of the QNX to iWave i.MX8 QM/QP platform includes kernel & driver porting, driver development, unit test application development. iWave’s strong partnership with NXP and QNX helped to fasten the porting & development activity. Following drivers are supported in the QNX BSP with iWave i.MX8QM/QP SMARC platform.
- CPU and MCU – Dual Cortex A72, Quad Cortex A53 and Dual Cortex-M4
- Block/Storage devices – SD/eMMC, USB, SATA
- Multimedia support – HDMI Display, GPU, VPU, Audio, Camera
- Network interfaces – Ethernet, CAN, PCIe, 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Misc. Drivers – Serial, HID, SPI, I2C.
Following is few snapshots of Crank Application running on QNX RTOS in iWave’s i.MX8QM SMARC development board:
Benefits by choosing iWave for Platforms:
- 10+ years long term product longevity
- Technical support
- Recognized skills and know-how with QNX platforms
- Turnkey hardware, software services and manufacturing support
iWave offers customisation services, technical support for QNX porting to various i.MX8 family such as i.MX8X, i.MX8M, i.MX8M mini etc. For further information and inquiries, please write to email@example.com