We are pleased to announce that Config Tools for i.MX Application Processors v7 are now available.
The Config Tools for i.MX is a set of configuration tools that provide an efficient method
for evaluation and configuration of pins routing and DDR memory settings when designing
with NXP's application processors based on Arm® Cortex®-A cores, including i.MX MPUs.
The following tools are currently available:
DDR Configuration and Validation tool allows you to create a configuration for the DDR component
and to validate the DDR configuration using various validation scenarios
- Support for iMX8MM
- Allow users to import DDR controller and phy configuration from RPA tool
- DDR controller Registers View support
- Auto-detect of available COM ports
- USB target connection
- DDR phy support for LPDDR4
- Basic validation tests support (Write-Read-Compare, Walking Ones, Walking Zeros)
- Stress tests support (beta version)
- vTSA (Virtual Timing Signal Analysis) support- RX data eye, TX data eye
- Export tests results in JPEG format
The Pins Tool is used for pin routing configuration, validation and code generation, including pin
functional/electrical properties, power rails, run-time configurations.
- Desktop application
- Muxing and pin configuration with consistency checking
- Multicore support
- Localized for English and Simplified Chinese
- Mostly Connected: On-Demand device data download
- Integrates with any compiler and IDE
- Supports English and Chinese (simplified) languages, based on locale settings. Please refer to user manual for details.
- ANSI-C initialization code
- Graphical processor package view
- Multiple configuration blocks/functions
- Easy-to-use device configuration
- Selection of Pins and Peripherals
- Package with IP blocks
- Routed pins with electrical characteristics
- Registers with configured and reset values
- Power Groups with assigned voltage levels
- Source code for C/C++ applications
- Documented and easy to understand source code
- CSV Report and Device Tree File
Downloads & links
- To download the installer for all platforms, please login to our download site via:
- Please refer to Documentation for installation and quick start guides.
- For further information about DDR config and validation, please go to this blog post.
Whats new in v7
- Product renamed to Config Tools for i.MX
- Memory Tool added, supports DDR configuration and validation
- Added "Help | Kit/Board Information" option that displays information about currently used kit or board.
- Clickable Part number, Board and Kit name supported. It displays information about currently used processor, board and kit.
- Data Manager - supports clearing locally cached processors, boards, kit and components content.
- Configuration Preferences - supports custom copyright in generated sources
- Preferences - Added Dark theme support
- Pins tool: Added automatic routing feature which can be used for conflict resolution in the current functional group.