Flashing ECU with preexisting .elf file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing ECU with preexisting .elf file

pascal_christ12
Contributor I

First i have to state that i am new to CW. I searched the forum and skimmed available pdf instructions but was not able to find the precise information i am looking for.

First of all I am using CW MPC55xx and MPC56xx ver. 2.10 build 120305. My employer recently purchased the full version.

My case seems to me like a very basic use case. I have a preexisting .elf file that i want to flash the MPC5643L with.

I will start CW, choose new Project, select the corresponding ECU, leave all the presets as is and click on next/ok repeatedly. Next in will click on "Project" -> "Add Files" select the .elf file, a window opens, i click ok and i can see the .elf file to the left now.

Now i can flash the ECU? How? Do i have to alter some additional settings?

Btw the i created the .elf file with the "DaVinci" tools by "Vector Informatics" and "Matlab Simulink" and followed AUTOSAR standards.

Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

shaneggpierce
Contributor I

First i have to state that i am new to CW. I searched the forum and skimmed available pdf instructions but was not able to find the precise information i am looking for.

First of all I am using CW MPC55xx and MPC56xx ver. 2.10 build 120305. My employer recently purchased the full version.

My case seems to me like a very basic use case. I have a preexisting .elf file that i want to flash the MPC5643L with.

I will start CW, choose new Project, select the usps tracking corresponding ECU, leave all the presets as is and click on next/ok repeatedly. Next in will click on "Project" -> "Add Files" select the .elf file, a window opens, i click ok and i can see the .elf file to the left now.

Now i can flash the ECU? How? Do i have to alter some additional settings?

Btw the i created the .elf file with the "DaVinci" tools by "Vector Informatics" and "Matlab Simulink" and followed AUTOSAR standards.

Thank you for your help

I am also in need of help for the same. Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shane

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This question has slipped our attention - let us apologize about keeping this question unanswered for such a long time.

You've probably found a solution already, but just in case there is someone else searching the answer here...

In fact CodeWarrior classic uses external PEmicro debugger/flasher:

"c:\Freescale\CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.10\pemicro"

The project created in CW IDE calls the external debugger/flasher via command line arguments:

• You can ether create a new dummy project for the MCU and replace the default elf file with your custom one. And press Debug button. 

pastedImage_2.png

• or you can invoke the debugger outside CW IDE (e.g. MPC5643L in LockStep mode):

c:\Freescale\CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.10\pemicro\CW_ICDPPCNEXUS.exe  My_onw_elf_file.elf LOADTOFLASH -RESETFILE "mpc5643l_vle.mac"

Note: there is also dedicated flasher program by PEmicro available in 

"c:\Freescale\CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.10\pemicro\cw_progppcnexus.exe"

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos