cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mpc5643L How to do falsh driver

chenhuang
Contributor II

Hi all,

Is C90FL_SM_JDP_FLASH_SSD_DEVD used for MPC5643L or MPC5644A_C90FL_SSD_DEVD, my understanding should be C90FL_SM_JDP_FLASH_SSD_DEVD?

Do colleagues have the corresponding data of flash? Especially for the association between physical addresses and mapping addresses, the Low address is currently written Ok, and the mid address and High are abnormal.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

C90FL_SM_JDP_FLASH_SSD_DEVD is "MPC56xx C90FL JDP Standard Software Driver for Single-Module Flash" that is present on MPC5642A and MPC564xL.

MPC5644A_C90FL_SSD_DEVD is called "Standard Software Driver for C90FL Products with Multiple Flash Modules" and it is only used with MPC5644A.

Drivers for single flash memory does not have logical address mapping changed anyhow, it is used physical addresses.

0 Kudos

chenhuang
Contributor II

Thank you for your support, I have handled it according to your introduction. Currently, there is a situation that the falsh area can be written but cannot be erased, and all FALsh areas become 0 after erasing. What should I pay attention to?

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In fact erase operation consist of 4 sub-operations - Program, Erase, Compaction and Soft Program.

Details you may find in the AN4521, Figure 1:
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4521.pdf

Theoretically it may happened that erase operation is interrupted between first and second operation, but even in this case it'll be manifested as ECC errors.

Reading of zeros means either
1) It is programmed to zeros or
2) Incorrect reading for whatever reason.

0 Kudos

chenhuang
Contributor II

Thank you very much for your support. It seems that I am close to finding the cause of the problem. Thank you very much

0 Kudos