Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C secure boot not work with expected process

Zhongling_Lang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi team,

Customer have some issues with mpc5777c secure boot process, so i also followed the doc process:

1.Write the DCF records in Utest to set the secure boot start address and secure boot length.

2.Load the MASTER_ECU_KEY and BOOT_MAC_KEY

3.Power on the board two times and check the CSE register, CSE_SR[BOK] = 1, it's match with the boot process.

Zhongling_Lang_0-1712829618317.png

4. After that, program the flash with different value means the secure boot content are changed, but after power on board, the CSE_SR[BOK] also set with 1 means the secure boot is also success, but it mismatch with the boot process. I also changed the secure boot with different flash address by DCF record and follow the same secure boot process but the test result is same.

Zhongling_Lang_1-1712830622122.png

5. It looks like the DCF records don't take effect, and i check the DCF configuration with excel tool and don't find any issues.

Zhongling_Lang_2-1712832301824.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Zhongling_Lang 

I haven't seen such problem yet. Can you see any error in SSCM registers? Does it make a difference if you erase all the keys and start over?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Zhongling_Lang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your reply.

I replaced another chip and secure boot process is expected, it need to check what difference between these two chip.

0 Kudos

Zhongling_Lang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lukas,

1.First i erased all keys and the CSE registers state are expected:Zhongling_Lang_0-1713253284067.png

2. Then loaded MASTER_ECU_KEY and BOOT_MAC_KEY again, then restart board power, CSE BOK bit is asserted.

Zhongling_Lang_1-1713253542799.png

3.Changed the secure boot address content, but why the BOK bit still asserted?

Zhongling_Lang_3-1713253645003.png

0 Kudos